What’s up, everybody?! If you’ve stumbled across this post, you’re probably wondering how to get the exotic scout rife, MIDA Multi-Tool, and it’s legendary, submachine gun counterpart, MIDA Mini-Tool, in Destiny 2.
Look no further fellow guardians, I’ve got you covered!
Both the MIDA Multi-Tool and MIDA Mini-Tool have been my most used guns in PvP and PvE. From my experience, “Team MIDA” is the most lethal weapon combination in the game.
With that being said, here’s my guide on how to get the MIDA Multi-Tool in Destiny 2!
How to Get the MIDA Multi-Tool and MIDA Mini-Tool
1. Get to Level 20
This first step is pretty straightforward. You need to reach level 20 to unlock the quest for your MIDA Multi/Mini-Tool.
Any questions? No? Okay, let’s move on.
2. Travel to the European Dead Zone (EDZ) and Complete the Quest “Enhance!”
Once you reach level 20, go to the EDZ and start a quest mission called “Enhance!”. If you can’t find the quest, open up your map and look for a blue banner with a white crown on it.
Complete the next series of quests and you will receive the MIDA Mini-Tool from Devrim Kay.
3. Return to the Tower and Grab the Quest “Sight, Shoot, Repeat” From Banshee-44
“Sight, Shoot, Repeat” has two objectives:
- Using a Scout Rifle, eliminate enemies with precision shots (50 total).
- Using a Scout Rifle, eliminate multiple enemies without reloading (25 total).
I completed this quest while doing public events on Titan. With a scout rifle equipped, try to kill three enemies at a time without reloading. Make sure you aim for the weak spots and minimize reloading. You’ll finish this quest is no time.
4. Visit Banshee-44 and Start the Quest “Under the Hood”
Once you’ve turned in “Sight, Shoot, Repeat’, you’ll receive the quest “Under the Hood”, which requires you to dismantle five rare, legendary, or exotic scout rifles.
- Dismantle valuable Scout Rifles (5 total).
Unfortunately, I was very unlucky with scout rifles, therefore this part took me the longest. If you currently have spare scout rifles in your vault, keep them until this quest!
5. Return to Banshee-44 and Grab the Final Quest “The Fall Will Kill You”
The last quest, “The Fall Will Kill You” is a lot easier than it sounds.
- Using a Submachine Gun, get kills while airborne (50 total).
Getting fifty airborne kills is not that difficult. When you’re close to killing an enemy, jump while shooting them. As long as your feet are off the ground when the enemy dies, it counts. You can use whatever submachine gun you’d like, however, I recommend the MIDA Mini-Tool because it’s badass!
6. Visit Banshee-44 One Last Time and Receive Your MIDA Multi-Tool
Now that you’re done jumping around and slaying minions, head back to Banshee-44 and pick up your MIDA Multi-Tool! The MIDA Multi-Tool is a very powerful exotic scout rifle that allows your radar to stay active while aiming down sights.
Below is more information about both the MIDA Multi-Tool and MIDA Mini-Tool.
MIDA Multi-Tool Weapon Perks
- MIDA Multi-Tool – This weapon boosts move speed.
- Corkscrew Rifling – Balanced barrel. Slightly increases range and stability, slightly increases handling speed.
- High-Caliber Rounds – Shots from this weapon knock the target back farther. Slightly increases range.
- MIDA Radar – Radar stays active while aiming down the sights.
- Hand-Laid Stock – This weapon is optimized for recoil control. Increases stability.
MIDA Mini-Tool Weapon Perks
- Lightweight Frame – Superb handling. Move faster with this weapon equipped.
- Fluted Barrel – Ultra-light barrel. Greatly increases handling speed, slightly increases stability.
- Alloy Magazine – Faster reloads when the magazine is empty.
- MIDA Synergy – This weapon grants speed benefits when MIDA Multi-Tool is also equipped.
And that is how you get the MIDA Multi-Tool in Destiny 2! Hopefully, you enjoy “Team MIDA” as much as I do. Whether it’s strikes, nightfalls, raids, or PvP, I’m guanranteed to use one (or both) of these weapons. Yes, they’re THAT good!
If this guide helped you in any way, please feel free to leave a comment below!