Destiny 2 Faction Rally
Destiny 2’s second Faction Rally started on November 7th and ends on November 13th. This time around, guardians will be able to choose between a sword, fusion rifle, and grenade launcher.
Check out Destiny 2’s Faction Rally weapons below:
Honor’s Edge – Sword – New Monarchy
Spoiler alert, I’ve aligned myself with New Monarchy. Double spoiler alert, from what I’ve been hearing, most people are choosing New Monarchy as well.
I haven’t had a decent sword in a while and Honor’s Edge provides a unique weapon perk. En Garde increases the sword’s damage right after switching to it. This “sneak attack” could really wreak some havoc on unsuspecting guardians in PvP.
Do me a favor and pick New Monarchy. Please!
Honor’s Edge Weapon Perks:
- Adaptive Frame – Well-rounded and reliable. Use to launch an uppercut attack.
- Blade Perks:
- Tempered Edge – Increased sword damage and ammo.
- Jagged Edge – Increased damage at the cost of sword ammo.
- Guard Perks:
- Burst Guard – Sword Guard has low efficiency and high defense.
- Enduring Guard – Sword Guard has high efficiency and low defense.
- En Garde – Quick attacks immediately after swapping to this sword do additional damage.
Timelines’ Vertex – Fusion Rifle – Future War Cult
Future War Cults’s legendary fusion rifle, Timelines’ Vertex, is my second option. The rifle’s perks won’t blow you away, however, it’s stats are very well-rounded.
In my opinion, Timelines’ Vertex could be an above average weapon for most PvE content.
Timelines’ Vertex Weapon Perks:
- Adaptive Frame – A well-rounded grip, reliable and sturdy.
- Sight Perks:
- Spark PS – Omolon post sight. Short zoom. Slightly increases range. Increases handling speed.
- Torch HS3 – Omolon red-dot. Medium zoom. Greatly increases range. Slightly decreases handling speed.
- Battery Perks:
- Enhanced Battery – Strong battery life. Increases magazine size.
- Accelerated Coils – Speeds up charge. Faster charge time. Decreases impact damage.
- Snapshot Sights – Faster time to aim down sights.
Truthteller – Grenade Launcher – Dead Orbit
Is Bungie trying to win us over with Dead Orbit’s grenade launcher, Truthteller? On paper, this looks like a pretty solid weapon. In reality… well… it’s a grenade launcher…
I really want to like the Truthteller. The gun looks awesome and it’s supported by a badass name. However, Destiny 2’s track record with grenade launchers is pretty terrible. Unfortunately, based on that reasoning alone, Truthteller is my least favorite weapon out of the bunch.
Truthteller Weapon Perks:
- Lightweight Frame – One-shot handheld Grenade Launcher with remote detonation. Hold to fire, release to detonate.
- Launcher Barrel Perks:
- Confined Launch – This weapon’s launch parameters are particularly stable. Greatly increases stability. Increases blast radius. Decreases projectile speed.
- Linear Compensator – This weapon’s launch barrel is well-balanced. Increases projectile speed. Slightly increases blast radius. Slightly increases stability.
- Hard Launch – This weapon’s launch barrel is optimized for projectile speed. Greatly increases projectile speed. Decreases stability. Slightly decreases blast radius.
- Magazine Perks:
- Concussion Grenades – Grenades fired from this weapon emit a blast that staggers enemies.
- Black Powder – This weapon’s explosives are more effective. Slightly increases blast radius. Decreases stability.
- Quickdraw – This weapon can be drawn unbelievably fast.
What Faction Did You Pick?
Keep in mind, if you’ve pledged allegiance to the winning faction, you’ll be able to purchase that faction’s weapon at a reduced cost. You have until November 13th to gather as many Faction Tokens as possible.
Which faction did you select? What are your thoughts on Honor’s Edge, Timelines’ Vertex, and Truthteller? Which faction do you think will be victorious? Leave your answers in the comments below!